Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gran Viaje

April 17th to the 29th were some of the most memorable days of my exchange, two weeks of my life I will never forget. I along with around 50 other exchange students traveled on a bus through the central part of Mexico. From Zacatecas, the most northern city we visited, to Puebla, the most southern city in the tour. There are not words to explain how emotional this trip was, as it was the last thing we would ever do together. We lived every day to the fullest but even doing that the time went 50x too fast. A bond between exchange students is a bond that is stronger than any I have ever known. Without the other exchange students in my life I don’t think I would have made it through my exchange year. But when you travel with exchange students you have to be ready for anything and everything at every given moment whether it be 5PM or 3AM. Between zip lining, seeing beautiful sights and monuments, dancing and singing in 1000 different languages, late nights in the hotel, meeting other exchange students from other rotary districts, and sleepy mornings on the bus, our trip was extraordinary. I wish I could relive this trip because it was truly irreplaceable. Although I believe most of what happened on this trip is a story best told by pictures, the unfortunate event of losing my phone happened before I had time to transfer any pictures over to my computer so I don’t have many to remember my trip by, however, I will do my best with the pictures I have to show you all just how wonderful my trip was. I will also leave a link right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waOL0x4YbN8&spfreload=10 to the video of the trip another exchange student (Alicia from Belgium) has made of all we did during the trip.



















Big thank you to all the rotarians and family members that helped make this trip possible for me and for all the exchange students that were a part of it, we really couldn’t thank you enough.


I find this a great time to thank all the other exchange students of D5100 and D4195. Without you guys, my super large extended family, I would be nowhere near who I am now. Thanks to all of you I have conquered challenges I could have never done alone. I know I can count on every single one if you to help me whenever I need, as well as I hope you all know you can out on me whenever you need. I hope to visit all of you in the future because imagining my life without you all is far too painful to believe. I am so thankful to have had these last two years of my life, my preparation for my exchange, and my actual exchange. It has been a roller coaster of emotions and you all have helped me so much. In the last two years I have fallen in love with around 140 people, not the love like “I want to marry you” love but the love meaning “I want you in my life forever because life without you is unbearable”. We all have rotary to thank for making us all stronger, smarter, more cultured, and of course a little fatter ;) But in all seriousness I just love you guys so much whenever you may find yourself wanting to come to the USA give me a call and you can stay with me always, my house is your house.  

Besos y Abrazos,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment