Sunday, February 8, 2015

February Has Changed My Mood

So just a week ago I was basically in this rut, to the point where I didn't even want to get out of bed and considered skipping school daily. Well, I am happy to say I have jumped out of that rut and I am in a much better place. I'm not really sure how an attitude can change so much within 7 days, I would like to say I made it but I know that is not 100 percent true. For getting me out of my rut I have many people and things to thank.
1. I have had yet another Spanish outburst (those always help my mood) This one was beginning to understand and tell jokes in Spanish. My friends honestly noticed this before I did because our first day back at school they were joking about something, and for the first time I didn't just sit there like and idiot instead I busted up laughing and this surprised them  their reaction, "Allison you can understand everything we say now?!?!" and I just kind of laughed and said yes.
2. I have been doing more things with the other exchange students.

  • I went to the mall one day after school with A German girl, Anna, who lives near me and a German boy, Valentin, who was visiting from another city. It was a really fun time but even though we started our time in Spanish somehow we did end up speaking English.
  • On Saturday 4 other exchange students and I went with the Co-chairman (she is in charge of the exchange students in this State), Juanita, and her mom to learn how to make TAMALES! It's a lot of work but they were so good and it was such a fun way to spend my day.
  • This Friday we will have an international dinner at my Co-chairman's house and we (the exchange students of this state) are all going to bring food from our countries (USA, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Taiwan, and Japan) it should be a lot of fun
3. I have lost weight: Due to the fact that my new host family is Vegetarian, I have lost 8 pounds in a little over 2 weeks and although it isn't much I feel a lot happier.
4. I found out who the new outbound exchange students going to Mexico from my district in the USA (D5100) are so now I get to mentor them and tell them all the exciting things about Mexico, and they are all really great people so I am really excited to watch their journey. Congratulations to Jordan Lancaster, Lily Gallagher, and Devin Long! I am so excited to talk with you guys more! 
5. I found out I might get to have a third host family after all which is really exciting for me even though I like my current host family.
6. I recovered some pictures from my trip I took to the center of Mexico in December when I thought I had lost them all


































So there's a little update on my life and getting out of my rut. Talk to you all soon!!


Besos y Abrazos,
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment